Will Hill suspended four games
This is the second time Hill has been banned by the NFL. Last season, Hill served a four-game suspension for violating the league’s performance-enhancing substances policy. Hill said he took the attention deficit drug Adderall.
Looking for more information on Big Blue? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog »
Hill, 23, is eligible to return to the active roster on Sept. 30 after the Giants play the Chiefs. The second-year safety is eligible to participate in preseason practices and games.
The Giants are expecting stiff competition at safety in training camp. Antrel Rolle and Stevie Brown are going to start but Ryan Mundy, Hill, fifth-round pick Cooper Taylor and Tyler Sash are all competing for roles and roster spots behind the two starters.
Giants backup wide receiver Brandon Collins was also suspended for the first four games of the season last month for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.
The Giants have their first camp practice next Saturday in East Rutherford, N.J.
- New York Giants Safety Will Hill Suspended Four Games for Violating NFL’s Substance Abuse Policy (giants101.com)
- Giants S Will Hill suspended 4 games for substance abuse violation (sbnation.com)
- Giants’ Will Hill suspended again (profootballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- NFL suspends New York Giants safety Will Hill for 4 games (espn.go.com)
- Will Hill’s Suspension Means Ryan Mundy Needs to Step up and Perform (giants101.com)
- NFL suspends Giants’ Hill 4 games for substance abuse (newsday.com)
- Giants S Hill suspended 4 games for positive test (sportsillustrated.cnn.com)
- Giants safety Will Hill suspended 4 games (bleedinggreennation.com)
- New York Giants’ Will Hill suspended again by NFL (bigblueview.com)