Daniel Ricciardo’s Red Bull test at Silverstone has been postponed by a day after a clarification by the FIA about the programmes race drivers can complete at this week’s Young Driver Test.
Ricciardo was supposed to drive the Red Bull on Wednesday afternoon, but will now take Mark Webber’s place on Thursday afternoon. Red Bull was the only team with a schedule featuring three current race drivers over three days, but has now been amended to give Antonio Felix da Costa a full day in the car on Tuesday.
Felix da Costa will be back in the car on Thursday morning before Ricciardo takes over in the afternoon, following a morning behind the wheel of his Toro Rosso. Carlos Sainz Jr and Sebastian Vettel will split the driving on the final day.
The test is Ricciardo’s chance to impress Red Bull as he vies for a race drive with the world champions next year when Webber leaves. He is thought to be in direct competition with Kimi Raikkonen for the drive, but his team-mate Jean-Eric Vergne has not been given the chance to test the Red Bull this week.
- Daily #F1 News and Comment: Tuesday 16th July 2013 (thejudge13.com)
- Red Bull asks fans on facebook to help decide 2014 driver (worldcarfans.com)
- The full Young Driver Test line-up (joesaward.wordpress.com)
- Raikkonen on Red Bull Shortlist (thef1team.wordpress.com)
- The second Red Bull drive (joesaward.wordpress.com)
- Ricciardo to test for Red Bull (bbc.co.uk)
- Ricciardo edges towards Red Bull seat with test chance (motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com)
- Lotus attempt to secure Raikkonen (bbc.co.uk)
- Grosjean is ‘an idiot’ – Ricciardo (inautonews.com)