The Detroit Pistons have not had in-depth discussions with other teams about acquiring free-agent point guard Brandon Jennings or Boston Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo, president of basketball operations Joe Dumars told the Detroit Free Press’ Vince Ellis on Tuesday.
A report out of the Las Vegas Summer League from Gery Woelfel of the Racine Journal Times on Monday indicated Detroit was looking into a sign-and-trade deal with the Milwaukee Bucks involving Jennings. Dumars said that he and Bucks general manager John Hammond were only “talking about our dogs,” according to Ellis.
Dumars added that he hadn’t had conversations regarding a trade involving Rondo and Detroit point guard Brandon Knight. Both Ellis and the Detroit News’ Vincent Goodwill maintained the Pistons have interest in Rondo, but talks with the Celtics never got into which players would be involved in any deal.
The Boston Globe’s Gary Washburn added to the speculation this weekend by reporting the Pistons wanted Rondo, but don’t have an intriguing enough trade package to offer Boston general manager Danny Ainge. It’s presumed that second-year center Andre Drummond would be involved in any Rondo trade, but he has been deemed untouchable.
- Joe Dumars denies Brandon Knight-for-Rajon Rondo, Brandon Jennings trade talks (probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- With an Option Like Brandon Jennings, Detroit Pistons Can Afford to Wait on Rajon Rondo (thedetroitsportssite.com)
- Why Detroit Pistons Must Go All in on Potential Rajon Rondo Trade (bleacherreport.com)
- Joe Dumars Regrets Trading Chauncey Billups (detroit.cbslocal.com)
- Detroit Pistons’ Joe Dumars Must Break Through With Another Big Trade Move This Summer (thedetroitsportssite.com)
- Dumars Denies Rondo, Jennings Trade Rumors (detroit.cbslocal.com)
- Rajon Rondo Trade Rumors: Latest on Pistons and More Interested in Celtics PG (chronicralph.wordpress.com)
- NBA trade rumors: Pistons interested in Rajon Rondo, Rudy Gay (sbnation.com)
- Rajon Rondo Trade Rumors: Latest on Pistons and More Interested in Celtics PG (bleacherreport.com)