A woman has died trying to swim across the English Channel, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office has said.
Susan Taylor died in Boulogne on Sunday after getting into difficulty during her swim.
On her fundraising page, she said she was doing the 21-mile endurance test to raise money for Rainbows Hospice in Loughborough, Leicestershire.
She had raised more than £3,000 in sponsorship.
Robert Hall reports.
- Woman dies swimming the English Channel for charity (abc.net.au)
- Woman dies during Channel swim (bbc.co.uk)
- Susan Taylor dies during English Channel charity swim (arunbabyveranakunnel.wordpress.com)
- British woman dies on cross-Channel charity swim (guardian.co.uk)
- Channel tragedy ‘one mile from end’ (standard.co.uk)
- VIDEO: Swimmer dies during Channel swim (bbc.co.uk)
- Swimmer in Channel tragedy (smh.com.au)
- british woman dies as she tries to swim english channel (thesun.co.uk)
- Swimmer Susan Taylor’s charity pages raise £26,000 (itv.com)