It was a close encounter of the hoops kind.
Former Knicks player Baron Davis says he was “actually abducted by aliens.”
The basket-case baller told the hosts of “The Champs Podcast” that he crossed into his own personal twilight zone while driving “like two weeks ago.”
Photo Illustration by Isaac Lopez/New York Daily News
Baron Davis claims he was abducted by aliens — like a scene straight out of ‘Space Jam,’ the 1996 film starring NBA great Michael Jordan.
“I was, um, on my way from Vegas here to L.A.,” he said on the episode that aired Thursday.
“I’m a little tired and s— and I see this light and I think it’s a big-a– truck.
Ex-Knicks guard Baron Davis swears he was abducted by aliens while driving to Los Angeles two weeks ago.
“Then next thing you know, dude, like, I was in this f—— steel thing,” Davis deadpanned.
It was a scene straight out of “Space Jam,” the 1996 film starring Looney Tunes characters, Michael Jordan and a basketball team of aliens.
Instead, the foul-mouthed Davis was stuck with “these f—— crazy-looking people” who were “half-human, half, like, f—–, ugly motherf——.”
Chris Chambers/Getty Images
Baron Davis former Knicks guard says he wound up in a spaceship while driving through desert from Las Vegas to L.A.
The UCLA standout and two-time NBA All-Star — who tore ligaments in his knee while playing for the Knicks against the Miami Heat in the 2012 playoffs — is also a first-class practical joker. He tweeted late Friday night: “that alien thing is a joke.”
However he had stuck to his story even after podcast hosts Neal Brennan and Moshe Kasher pressed the 34-year-old, trying to get him to admit he was telling a tall tale. “We don’t know if you’re being serious or not,” one of the hosts asked.
MIKE MCGINNIS/CSM /Landov
Baron Davis later noted he has been taking Percocet for pain related to the knee surgery that has sidelined him from NBA play.
“Dude, they were poking me on my nose and s—,” Davis replied.
“They were poking me on my nose and they were, like, looking me in my eyes,” added Davis, who works as a community rep for the Knicks. “They had my hands like, tied up and the next thing you know, I was f—— in Montebello, dude, burning rubber on the way back to L.A. It was like four o’clock in the morning.”
The encounter ended, like most wild nights in California, with a pit stop at In-N-Out Burger.
“I just got off at the next exit,” said Davis, who noted he has been taking Percocet after knee surgery. After his extraterrestrial experience, Davis is still flying high.
“I come back and like, I’m sharper and s—. You know what I mean?” he asked the hosts. “I’m retaining information.”
His rep did not respond to a request for comment Friday.
But on the podcast, Davis said he has a book coming out about his alien experience.
- Baron Davis Aliens: Former Knick Says His Abduction Was a Scene Out of ‘Space Jam’ (hngn.com)
- Baron Davis Abducted By Aliens (4umf.com)
- Baron Davis says aliens abducted him… and they were ugly (probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- Former NBA star Baron Davis says he was abducted by aliens [AUDIO] (upi.com)
- Baron Davis Seeing Aliens?? (atthebuzzzer.com)
- Former Basketball Star Baron Davis Alien Encounter – Davis Claims to Have Been Abducted by Aliens (americanlivewire.com)
- Baron Davis: NBA Star Says He Was Abducted By Aliens (hollywoodlife.com)
- Baron Davis Says He Was Abducted By Aliens (deadspin.com)
- Baron Davis claims he was abducted by aliens (cbssports.com)
- NBA’s Baron Davis: I was ‘abducted by aliens’ in desert two weeks ago (sott.net)