The 26-year-old Napoli forward, who was Serie A top scorer last season with 29 goals, landed in Paris on Monday morning before heading to a top city hotel.
Late morning, outgoing PSG sporting director Leonardo was seen leaving the luxury hotel with an advisor of the Uruguay player, who is nicknamed “The Matador”.
Cavani will have to pass a medical before putting pen to paper, with a five-year deal expected, according to PSG sources.
Should the South American sign a contract with the French champions, he will line up alongside his former Napoli team-mate Ezequiel Lavezzi, of Argentina.
The current French Ligue 1 transfer record was set earlier this year, when Colombia forward Radamel Falcao signed for Monaco from Atletico Madrid for a figure estimated at nearly £52m.
- Edinson Cavani in France to complete record-breaking transfer to Paris Saint-Germain (telegraph.co.uk)
- PSG beat Chelsea and Manchester City to Edinson Cavani transfer (metro.co.uk)
- Cavani set for $93m PSG soccer transfer (bigpondnews.com)
- Cavani finalising PSG move (iol.co.za)
- Napoli ace Cavani in Paris for PSG medical today (tribalfootball.com)
- Chelsea target Edinson Cavani passes medical ahead of PSG move (3news.co.nz)
- Edinson Cavani arrives in France for Paris Saint-Germain medical (sportsmole.co.uk)
- Cavani set for PSG medical (iol.co.za)
- Ibrahimovic says he won`t play with Cavani (chronicralph.wordpress.com)
- Cavani set to complete PSG move (iol.co.za)