Adidas suspends Gay contract
“We are shocked by these recent allegations, and even if we presume his innocence until proven otherwise, our contract with Tyson is currently suspended,” a spokesperson for the Germany-based company said.
Under its agreements with athletes, Adidas has the right to terminate the contract “if the athlete is found guilty of the possession or use of drugs or any other prohibited substance by the relevant governing sports body having jurisdiction over the athlete.”
Also on Sunday, former world 100 metres record holder Asafa Powell and Olympic 4×100 metres relay silver medallist Sherone Simpson said they had both tested positive for the stimulant oxilophrine at last month’s Jamaican championships.
- Adidas Suspends Tyson Gay’s Contract After Positive Doping Test (blacksportsonline.com)
- Adidas suspends Tyson Gay’s contract after positive test (olympictalk.nbcsports.com)
- Adidas suspends contract with Tyson Gay (stiffynblog.wordpress.com)
- Tyson Gay Dropped By Adidas (4umf.com)
- Tyson Gay’s sponsorship deal with Adidas suspended after positive out-of-competition dope test (telegraph.co.uk)
- Adidas Suspends Contract with Tyson Gay (thejakartaglobe.com)
- Adidas suspend Gay sponsorship (espn.co.uk)
- Adidas drops Gay after drug test fail (bbc.co.uk)
- Gay delivers further body blow to troubled sport (thehimalayantimes.com)
- OlyTalk: Adidas suspends Gay contract after failed test (olympictalk.nbcsports.com)